Wednesday, June 10, 2009

They're Reading!!!

Yep, they're reading. And how. Summer library programs have begun this week at my library, and we are swarming with children of all ages, and dads, and moms, and aunties, and grandmas, and grandads, and group leaders, etc. And it's super to see all of this happening in the public library. Even though it means way more time for me spent shelving books that are being returned. I wouldn't want it any other way. I am encouraged by how many picture books, juvenile fiction titles, young adult novels, and graphic novels are being read at my library. The juvenile non-fiction load has remained high, even though school is out and reports are not being assigned. It's a beautiful and sometimes chaotic thing to see all of this reading behavior in a world full of digital temptations!

No comments: